Glacier Bank, Missoula, Montana 2014 - Current
Manager, AVP - IT Infrastructure
I get to lead the IT Infrastructure team for a regional bank, providing centralized data center services to 13+ member bank brands across 6 states. My department consists of 4 team, of about 24 members across 5+ sites. I function as a senior level architect and solution/service delivery coach for all IT infrastructure platforms and enterprise services teams, focusing on Lean, DevOps oriented value delivery.
Recent projects include:
- Conversions of 6 acquired banks within 36 months, to GBCI IT standards, including full integration (MPLS, bank core, Citrix)
- Converged infrastructure upgrade (NetApp/Cisco FlexPod) in close collaboration with VAR partner
- IT Service Delivery focused team re-alignment, and Lean focused productivity and resource management initiative
- Splunk and UpGuard deployments for IT Infrastructure Operations and Enterprise Security
- Private Cloud and Build / Release Pipeline strategies, drove automation (incl. significant PowerShell adoption), cross-platform service management maturity.
- Citrix XenApp (7) upgrade; VMware NSX (micro-segmentation) deployment
T-Mobile, Bothell, Washington 2012 - 2014
Manager, Platform Design
Enable application infrastructure and systems design by providing product standards, configurations, and reference architectures for compute and storage components in Enterprise IT data centers.
Led a world class data center infrastructure design team. We stay current with industry trends and best practices, to ensure we're providing the best available compute and storage platforms, supported by strategic road maps.
We partner with project solution design, build, automation, and operations teams to keep our reference architectures aligned with what our internal customers need to be efficient and effective.
Denali Advanced Integration, Redmond, Washington 2011 - 2012
Sr. Solutions Architect
Design and deliver comprehensive systems and service management solutions. Technical leadership guiding Core Infrastructure Solution Engineers across concurrent projects to provide high value results. Create and maintain supporting documentation, planning and supervising implementation, support systems and processes through formal transition to customer steady-state / staff.
Executive communications of technically complex systems; technical pre-sales activities featuring Microsoft Core IO products and System Center suite – including Active Directory assessment, sizing servers, virtualization
- Large Travel and Leisure Company (2000 client / 500 server multi-site): Converted complex mix of point IT solutions customer to more cost effective System Center suite, with contemporary Reporting and Executive Dashboard capabilities.
- Active Directory upgrade from Windows Server 2003 to 2008 R2 including migration of multi-tier Certification Authorities
- Lead System Center implementation and optimization projects from process review and requirements gathering through solution design and production deployment.
- Integrated physical/virtual server, storage and network management through Operations Manager (SCOM), Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), and Opalis / Orchestrator.
- Large Municipal Government Office: Windows 7 / Office 2010 upgrade
- Windows 7 deployment and migration to new and existing PCs, using System Center Configuration Manager, MDOP, Med-V, App-V
- Application Packaging and customization of Office 2010 and numerous other client software (AdminStudio)
Russell Investments, Seattle, Washington 2009 - 2011
Global IT Services Manager - Asset, Configuration, and Event Management
Provided vision and strategy for IT service management (ITIL/ITSM) for a global financial services firm, with special emphasis on maturing IT event management and service asset and configuration management (SACM) practices.
- Optimized Operations Manager based services by expanding from basic Windows-server-only function to comprehensive availability and capacity management solution
- Expand ITIL adoption and elevate business customer experience through partnership and collaboration with new Incident and Problem process owners
- Initiate data driven budgeting, capacity measurement, and planning through tools automation and close collaboration with product and service managers
- Operate network scanning solution for automated discovery and management of infrastructure asset and configuration inventory
- Evolve ITSM/CMDB toolset maturity; collaborated with application delivery managers to create application and service models described in context of business processes.
JPMorgan Chase, Seattle, Washington 2008 - 2009
Transition Project Manager - Enterprise Monitoring Services
Retained by JPMC for Washington Mutual integration team; successfully migrated enterprise IT monitoring and event management capability from WaMu solution to JPMC platform.
- Managed complicated project team and competing technical priorities to complete aggressive event management migration project on schedule and under budget
- Coordinated transition project tasks with product managers; executed smooth migration and maintained high service level metrics
- Proactively managed support vendor relationships, ensured service availability and seamless incident management process conversion from SNMP alert notification to web-based ticketing
- Consolidated historical performance data into JPMC reporting system; performed data analysis and ETL conversion using open source software
Washington Mutual, Seattle, Washington 2002 - 2008
Solutions Architect, Technical Integration Lead (2007 - 2008)
Replaced legacy monitoring tools with consolidated event management solution and improved service delivery processes for new enterprise services team.
- Integrated cross-platform, cross-technology event management solution; provided centralized availability and performance monitoring, correlation, de-duplication and escalation services for Windows, UNIX, and Linux servers, network, database and applications, including financial, call center, and public internet services
Problem Manager (2006 - 2007)
Led process improvements that moved former Root Cause Analysis (RCA) team from reactive reporting toward ITIL based problem management.
Lead Engineer, Software Packaging and Delivery (2002 - 2006)
Supervised a team of domestic and offshore software packaging and delivery engineers.
- Decreased defects 50%, delivery time 25% by standardizing, automating packaging formats, and refining inter-team package build and test processes
IBM Global Services, Seattle, Washington 2001 - 2002
Software Packaging Engineer
Demonstrated leadership, tenacity, fast learning, and high performance; recruited for permanent position on Washington Mutual IT staff.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
IT leader with twelve years in technology systems engineering and service delivery. Business/project perspective and technical expertise in IT solutions deployment, integration, and automation. Persistent focus on providing competitive advantage through exceptional technology solutions.
* IT Service strategy and vision * Solutions architecture and deployment
* Analytics, reporting, and dashboards * Resource and service level management
* Business service health & performance * Innovation, continuous improvement